Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer love


Yesterday and today, we glimpsed a faint rainbow after a long period of storm. Thank you God.

Here's favourite Thornton's ice cream with my favourite person! :) Double scoop of strawberry, pomegranate and blueberry sorbet (new flavour)
Tres bien!

We're all really busy now because of packing. Planning to transfer our stuff tmr. Lots to blog about. Just a short update on what I've been up to midweek:

1) Ensuite rooms are full- I'm on the waiting list.

2) I've bought a Lonely Planet guidebook on Spain and travel insurance. (Dazz you don't have to bring the guidebooks!)

3) Went for Home Group last night. Cat & Andy gave us a lift. It was very good!

4) I spontaneously introduced Liz, a lovely English lady who works with the chaplaincy, to Picasa and blogging! She was looking for her pictures of Cambridge to show me, but couldn't find them on her computer. So I asked her whether she heard of Picasa- things just started from there. It culminated it me helping her set up a blog for Globe Cafe that does outreach to international students. :) It was a joy teaching her, listening to her marvel at the simplest things in technology that we all take for granted. Also, her appreciation was so genuine and heartfelt; it made me feel so valued and happy. I was even praising God, "thank You that I can meet the needs of others and contribute, in a small way, to Your work!" It's common knowledge among those who know me that I'm rather computer illiterate. James Pang my IT teacher has teased me mercilessly on the "recycle bin" story! I never thought that my rudimentary IT skills would ever be useful to someone else, more so an organisation. But God proved me wrong. He showed me that He can use my skills, however limited I think they are. And I guess it's the same for whatever I invest my time and effort in- God can use my intellect, knowledge, legal training, interpersonal skills, healthy body and maybe even basic cooking ability for His glory! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: