Wednesday, July 09, 2008

homecoming

i haven't been blogging since i got back to singapore.. the long hiatus is due to the fact that i've been incredibly busy- overcoming jet lag, meeting people or sleeping in. haha. i really enjoyed the YA retreat! even though justina and i were chatting as we leisurely drifted on the reservoir instead of vigorously kayaking :) how can, when the boys kept splashing water at us!! haha
anyway, im so glad to be with my church friends again- joyful people who remember and genuinely care for me. i'm happy that i got to know some of the girls better during the YA retreat :)

it's wonderful to be home. the past few weeks abroad have been extremely debilitating. to everyone who has been asking, that explains why i've lost SO MUCH weight. haha.. don't worry, the weight loss is unintentional, i haven't been on a diet etc. through this period of high stress, sadness and suffering, i've learnt so much. i feel that i've seriously aged ALOT.

yet empowering at the same time, especially in Spain, where i played tour guide to my dad and sis despite never having been there before. :) notts was of course, home turf so bringing them around was no problem. london too, cos i'd been there before. this really is a huge personal development for me, because i'm renowned for my poor sense of direction, i always get lost!!! yes, england-spain 2008 gave me a much-needed boost in self-confidence, navigational and leadership skills. thank you daddy for giving me this opportunity, as well as for being so good natured and accomodating during the entire trip. and to my sister, for all the laughter, shopping and fun times! and of course, thank you God for all your blessings towards myself and my family.

No comments: